The American Legion Post 690 is once again working to coordinate the Monday, May 28th Memorial Day Parade. Please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to be included in the lineup for this year. There is no formal application, we just need your entry name, phone and email.
Here are the details:
- The assembly area is on Eric Drive and Cornell Avenue, just east of the Post Office.
- Marching band lines up on Smith St. at Cornell in front of the cemetery.
- The parade kicks off at 10:15. Please be there at 9:15.
- There is no parking available and only vehicles in the parade will be allowed in the main staging area (see map below). Please drop off parade participants at Eric and Cornell.
- No handing out of candy or other items during this parade
- There will be parade marshals at staging to assist you in locating line-up assignment
- Parade route is – from Cornell, north on Smith, east on Robertson, south on Brockway and east on Wood St. to the Veterans Memorial in Community Park on Wood St at NW Hwy.
- Water and bathrooms are NOT available at staging, so please plan accordingly
- Persons picking up parade participants can park in the lots at the Community Center or in Community Park at the end of the parade route.
Prior to the parade, at 10:00 AM, there is a short ceremony at Hillside Cemetery and all are invited to attend. After the parade, at 11 AM, there is a memorial ceremony at Community Park. Once again, all are invited to attend.
Thank you for your participation and please let us know if you have any questions. Final details will be sent the week prior to the parade. We look forward to your participation this year!
Sue & Brenda